VENUE & TRAVEL
The Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center (SECC) (Phu My Hung) or "TT Hoi Cho va Trien lam Saigon" is an international standard facility capable of satisfying the requirements of national and international conventions, large scale public and trade exhibitions, corporate meetings and specialized events.
Located at Nguyen Van Linh Parkway, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, in the heart of Phu My Hung New City, SECC is the largest, the most modern Exhibition & Convention Center of the South of Vietnam, and only 15 minutes from the center of Ho Chi Minh City, 30 minutes from Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
Address: 799 Nguyen Van Linh Parkway, District 7 Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Tel: (84.28) 5 4135 999; (84.28) 5416 0343; (84.28) 5416 0342 -Fax: (84.28) 5 4135 666
How to Get to SECC
Bus services to SECC: bus route numbers 34 and 102. Stop near the front of the Exhibition & Convention Center
Main access routes to SECC
- Nguyen Tat Thanh Road – Nguyen Van Linh Parkway
- Khanh Hoi – Nguyen Van Linh Parkway
- Highway One – Nguyen Van Linh Parkway
SECC is accessible via one of two major bridges: Tan Thuan and Kenh Te.
About VietnamFull Name: The Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Mainland Territory: 331,211.6 sq. km
Population: 85,789.6 thousand inhabitants (Apr. 2009)
National Capital: Hanoi
Lying on the eastern part of the Indochinese peninsula, Vietnam is a strip of land shaped like the letter “S". China borders it to the north", Laos and Cambodia to the west, the EastSea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the east and south.
The country's total length from north to south is 1,650km. Its width, stretching from east to west, is 600km at the widest point in the north, 400km in the south, and 50km at the narrowest part, in the centre, in QuangBinhProvince. The coastline is 3,260km long and the inland border is 4,510km.
Latitude: 102º 08' - 109º 28' east
Longitude: 8º 02' - 23º 23' north
Vietnam is also a transport junction from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific Ocean.
Vietnam is located in both a tropical and a temperate zone. It is characterized by strong monsoon influences, but has a considerable amount of sun, a high rate of rainfall, and high humidity. Regions located near the tropics and in the mountainous regions are endowed with a temperate climate.
Vietnam has a variety of mineral resources. Located beneath the subsoil are precious stones, coal and valuable minerals such as tin, zinc, silver, gold and antimony. Vietnam also has large deposits of oil and gas on its offshore islands and on the mainland.
Three quarters of Vietnam's territory consists of mountains and hills. Vietnam is divided into four distinct mountainous zones.
For the convenience of both your business and leisure,
we have provided here more info on (please click on each topic of your interest):
For more information, please visit www.vietnamtourism.gov.vn
Most visitors to Vietnam need a visa to enter the country. Visas are exempted for the citizens of the countries, which have signed a bilateral or unilateral visa exemption agreement with Vietnam, tourist visa may be valid for 15 to 30 days.
Vietnamese people that hold foreign passports and foreigners who are their husbands, wives and children are exempt from visa requirements to enter Vietnam and are allowed to stay for not more than 90 days. In order to be granted visa exemption certificates at Vietnamese representative offices abroad, overseas Vietnamese need conditions:
- Foreign-issued permanent residence certificate (PRC) with the validity of at least six months since the date of entrance.
- Visa exemption paper (VEP) is granted by Vietnamese appropriate authorities.
Those who expect to stay more than 90 days must apply for visa according to current stipulations before their entrance.
Bilateral visa exemption agreement
- Citizens of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos holding valid ordinary passports are exempt from visa requirements and are allowed to stay for not more than 30 days; Philippines is allowed to stay for not more than 21 days.
- By February 2011, citizens of China, Kyrgyzstan, North Korea, and Rumaniaholding valid ordinary passports for official mission. Citizens of 60 countries holding valid diplomatic or official passports are exempt from visa requirements including: Argentina, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Dominica, Ecuador, France, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nicaragua, North Korea, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela.
Unilateral visa exemption
- Visa with 30-day validity is exempted for officials from ASEAN secretariat holding different kinds of passports.
- Citizens of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Japan, South Korea and Russia holding different kinds of passports are exempt from visa requirements and are allowed to stay for not more than 15 days.
Others who want to enter Vietnam must be provided with a visa.
- Tourist visa is valid in 30 days.
- Visa is issued at the Vietnamese diplomatic offices or consulates in foreign countries. Visa is possibly issued at the border gates to those who have written invitations by a Vietnamese competent agencies or tourists in the tours organized by Vietnamese international travel companies.
- Application files for visa: the entrance application (printed form); two 4x6 cm photos; passport and fee for the visa issuance.
Visa extension:Served by all international travel companies.Vietnam visa on arrival